Hi to everyone - Great Reunion!!!

Discuss past reunions, mini-reunions and other events.

Hi to everyone - Great Reunion!!!

Postby Jim Allen » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:30 pm

Just wanted to say that we had a great time at the reunion in Philly. Those of you who aren't going to the reunions don't know what a good time you are missing. We went on a little side vacation to the cool mountains, Hershey and Gettysburg after the reunion and ended up back in Philly where we got up close and personal with the Liberty Bell. No one in line on the Wed. after the reunion. For those of you who have never gone to Gettysburg - try to get there sometime. What an awesome experience. We cannot even imagine what it was like for those three terrible days. Thanks again to Dennis for working so hard to keep us together. See you all in Seattle!!! Jim Allen and Bonnie, Jacksonville, Florida USS England 63-65 p.s. Let's plan to give a prize to the shipmate who travels the farthest for the next reunion ummm... let's see - Jacksonville to Seattle - it's a long way!!! :) :) :)
Jim Allen
Pollywog

Postby DennisOBrien » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:01 am

I am glad you had fun and the extra tours you took sound great! When I was a kid in Ohio my Dad would load us in the car and take us to all those places and more. All are great!! Wish we could have all stayed in Philly longer to see them!!!!!

An award huh? Hmmm, we'll see about that! :lol:
--------
DS2 Dennis O'Brien
USS ENGLAND 80-83
FCTCP 83-84
DennisOBrien
Site Admin

Postby DennisOBrien » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:50 pm

Jim's wife Bonnie sent me this link to a "picture show" from Philly. Really good stuff to watch!!!

http://www.photoshow.net/watch/bF7qc7fZ

Thanks!!!
--------
DS2 Dennis O'Brien
USS ENGLAND 80-83
FCTCP 83-84
DennisOBrien
Site Admin

Return to Past Reunions and Events