2012 Reunion Interest?

News and information about future reunions.

2012 Reunion Interest?

Postby James brush » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:38 pm

Is anyone out there interested in a reunion in 2012? Several in "B" Div, from the 60's,- yes, us old folks- have been talking. We are thinking of late summer or early fall, in Saint Luis. We don't want anything fancy, or complicated, just a get together in a motel, maybe a sight or two, a ball game(?) and lots of good companionship. I have not heard of anyone else making plans, so if you know of someone, please tell me, and I will step back. Let's get something going!!!!!!!!!!
James Brush
BT3 1965-1969
James brush
Shellback

Re: 2012 Reunion Interest?

Postby Jim Allen » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:37 am

YES! The Allens in Jacksonville, Florida would love to be involved. We would go to St. Louis like we had planned or we would be willing to have something in Jacksonville. Jim and Bonnie Allen
JIM ALLEN
Jim Allen
Pollywog

Postby Jim Allen » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:30 am

We will make every effor to come to St. Louis but might prefer it to be in mid June, only because my wife still teaches. We do want to see the reunions continue. Jim Allen, Jacksonville
JIM ALLEN
Jim Allen
Pollywog

Postby Steve Leene » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Jim,
We would do our best to attend the reunion also. Will try to
contact mymlist of old shipmates.
Steve Leene
Steve Leene
Pollywog

Postby James brush » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Sounds good, Steve and Jim. Maybe the middle or end of June would work, since some are still working, as opposed to retired.:)
Anyone else out there interested?
James brush
Shellback

Postby DennisOBrien » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:58 pm

As you know both Ruby have had to deal with a lot of change over the last two years. Because of this, my repeated attempts to get a reunion squared away for 2012 have all failed. To get back to where we were means really reacquiring data and planning. The effort has lost momentum and with just me to do it, well, I just have not been able to do so and

I understand you'd like to work on something small, and have help in St. Lois and Courtney Brown. I can help as well but attendance may be an issue. For a time, we might be out of the reunion game.
--------
DS2 Dennis O'Brien
USS ENGLAND 80-83
FCTCP 83-84
DennisOBrien
Site Admin

Postby RJ Lundgren » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:30 am

Has anyone stepped up to take the lead on the England Reunion 2012?
I have the time and living in Des Moines puts me close to St Louis. If
there is someone heading up the reunion please let me know and I'll be
glad to help out. If not, let me know that too. I'll do some checking and
may be able to take the lead effort myself. After meeting you in person
and seeing the work you've put in for all the Englanders Dennis, you've
earned my undying respect and gratitude!
RJ Lundgren DLG-22 E-Div 72-74
RJ Lundgren
Shellback

Postby James brush » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Mr. Lundgren,
We don't think we know you, but are interested in working with you on something in St. Luis about the middle to end of June, 2012. Also the Hellers, who live there have been in correspondence with us. We have heard from some who are still working and want a beginning of summer date. My wife and I live in Western Ks and will help all we can. We are not wanting to head it, just wanted to get something going, so please take over if you want to. Again, we will help all we can. We were waiting on the Cardinals schedule to come out, so we could have that as a place to visit, besides the Arch and the brewery. A motel in walking distance of the Arch would be nice, and we found there is a metro system that goes to the ballgame. Because there are no set-aside funds, everyone would be responsible for tickets, rooms, etc. but we might get group rates, if we know how many plan on it. We had thought we needed to find out what the interest is in a shortened version of a reunion. Dennis has done a fantastic job on the past several, and this wasn't intended to be nearly as fancy, but I don't know if they will make it. The Leenes in Wash. indicated they'd try to come as well as the Allens in Fl. If anyone else thinks they might be able to make it, perhaps this would be the best place to let us all know. I haven't been very faithful, this last month, checking this sight, but I will be on it more now. We also have an e-mail list of shipmates we will get this out to. Lets keep this going!
Jim Brush
James brush
Shellback

Postby dtrue » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Yes, I would be interested in a 2012 reunion. Too all engineers, hang in there. :lol:
dtrue
Pollywog

Return to Upcoming Reunion Information